Explore connections to your own life and experiences, while reading about New Zealand’s taonga (treasure) the kauri tree.
ACTIVITIES INSIDE THIS ISSUE
- Activity one: Read, interpret and discuss the information about Tane Mahuta. Discuss the science term, pathogen, then watch the clips about kauri dieback. Note down key terms, ideas and evidence.
- Activity two: Interpret the map and representation, then try out the quiz before watching the clips about the value of forests. Science capabilities – Interpret representations
- Activity three: Carry out a fun investigation on how kauri dieback affects the ability of a tree to feed. Science capabilities –Gather & interpret data
- Activity four: Question to answer: What do you think should be done about Kauri dieback? Plus a self or peer marking framework. Science capabilities – Use evidence
- Additional activities: More to read and watch.