Explore connections to your own life and experiences, while reading about the Hunga Tonga–Hunga Ha’apai eruption.
ACTIVITIES INSIDE THIS ISSUE
- Activity one: Read, interpret and discuss the information about the Hunga-Tonga-Hunga Ha’apai eruption which emitted the biggest atmospheric explosion recorded on Earth in more than 100 years.
- Activity two: Interesting terms treasure hunt. Select some science terms, then learn more about these terms by completing boxes like the model example given.
- Activity three: Watch the clips about volcanoes and tsunamis, then interpret the representations. Write down 3 questions you have about what you have read/seen/talked about today, then select one question to write a report on. Use our science writing guidelines to help you.
- Activity four: Read over your own writing to assess the quality of your work and improve it where you can.
- Additional activites: More to read and watch.
There are no reviews yet.